Thursday, September 13, 2007

twas the night before september 11th

Twas the night before September 11th, and all throughout the city... life went as normal. But in one little car driving through the Northeast life was changing for two people. So, this last monday, September 10th, Melissa Good and I decided to start dating. But, to take you back to the beginning, it all started 2ish years ago in a small town in northern Sasktatchewan. I was attending Nipawin Bible Institute(not college), and every year we have a missions week. Well, this particular year a group from VTI had a display there. I saw the display and had a look. I new a few people that had been on teams there, so I had a look at some pictures and started talking with one of the girls. She was from Calgary, so we talked about Alberta(I would assume Alberta came up in conversation seeing as we live here, but I am not completely sure). She mentioned she had a brother who ran an outtrip program at Crowsnest Lake Bible Camp. So, she gave me his number, and that was about as far as our "friendship" got. I thought it would be cool to meet up with her sometime, but for the most part I forgot completely about her. Then, a couple months ago, I was sitting in the Wycliffe Cafe and this girl comes over and starts talking to me. We both felt there was something familiar about the other, so we tried to figure out why and realized it was from NBI. We began hanging out a bit, then she took off for India for 3 weeks. The 3 weeks past and I was looking forward to seeing her again. Shortly after she got back she invited me to come along with her family to CLBC for the long weekend. We had a lovely time hanging out, but that was about it. Shortly after that I received and email with a somewhat vague comment about "us." We talked about it, and found that each of our feelings for the other had moved beyond mere friendship. As we discussed over the next few days what it would mean to pursue a relationship God kept putting things into place. That next sunday I talked to her dad and got his blessing, and monday night, as we drove to the Wycliffe Cafe, I very romantically asked her if she would like to go out, if you can say "so, shall we?" is romantic, and we have lived happily ever after for a total of 4 days. Hope you enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed being the story, but I really doubt you did as much as I did. God bless!

No comments: